Friday, December 4, 2009

Glucose Intolerance

I'm writing to you from the hospital lab! I didn't pass my first glucose test so here I am for my 3 hour exciting test. Now, the orange drink wasn't too bad but this lemon lime one she gave me was awful, it was like drinking white syrup! GROSS!!!

If I don't pass this test I'm going to be pissed. I really don't mean to complain because I truly am blessed but I need to.....Its very frustrating to not be able to get pregnant in the first place and then I get pregnant and I cant pass a single test... I failed my downs test and ended up having a CVS and then we have the glucose test and I fail. Now I know its only 2 tests but can I for once, pass a test on the first try!

Besides that everything is great. Nola's room is getting there....just have to order the chandelier and rods and then a few more little touches and it will be all done. Its weird to look in that room now knowing there will be a baby in there someday. It seems so strange.

She is really moving up a storm!!! 2 nights ago for the first time my right side of my belly was off to one side since she was sitting there...its so cute. I have to admit that I love to poke my belly and then she pokes back - its funny its like she knows I'm there..I'm really trying to enjoy it all since this is the only baby I plan on having. Jack was worried cause I kept poking her so he admitted he looked it up online to make sure it was safe and of course it is - which I told him it would be ...he said it says its actually good for the baby cause it helps them interact with you...hahah well that's good cause I poke her a lot!

I don't know what anyone else did but I haven't done much or read much on labor. I'm to scared... I'm not taking the birthing class which the doctor said was fine but I try not to think about it at all cause it freaks me out. I literally have no tolerance for pain and I know its going to hurt like a son of a gun! But if I prepare it will be even worse so I am better of not knowing really...but I do dread it to the fullest!

1 comment:

  1. I failed my first Glucose screening too :( However, I didnt do too bad on the 3 hour screening. Only failed one of my blood draws. So hang in there! I hope it goes well for you.

    I am a little scared/nervous about labor also. Hubby and I are taking the birthing class next weekend. We will see how it goes :) Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts