Saturday, May 23, 2009

A 5-Day Transfer It Is!

I went to acupuncture today at 8am in anticipation that I would be going in for my 10:40 transfer but while I was in acupuncture they called to tell me the Embryologist is comfortable because there is enough embryo's to push me to a 5 day transfer...Yeah I think...I don't know what that really means but it also makes me nervous because how many die off between now and then? Also, I want/need to freeze at least one and I am not sure what stage they have to get to in order to become freezable???

If they make it to a 5 day can they then be frozen or does it have to get past even those 5 days in order to be frozen? AND, if you do a 5 day transfer is your Beta earlier than 12 days?

Help me??? So many questions!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie!!! I don't have any answers to your questions but YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! for a 5 day transfer!!!

    I'm so very excited for you and can't wait until you're posting your BFP.

    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Good luck. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, a five day transfer mostly speaks to the high quality of the eggs/embryos. The older the woman is, the less likely they are able to do a 5 day transfer. So, it really is great news. Over the years technology has really advanced to allow the embryologists the chance to observe the embryos a little longer and the ones that were never going to survive in utero are the ones that will arrest between retrieval and transfer day. The remaining embryos will have the best chance to stick around and the embryologist will have an easier time identifying those great ones.

    So, take it to mean that your body/embryos are acting like someone who is in woman's reproductive years a spring chicken! Woowhoo!!!

    As far as the beta, the doc will probably tell you what day it will be but my guess is that it's still going to still be 12 days later because I think what is being tested comes from after implantation...not the stage in which the embryos are at. But, that's just my guess.

    Love ya!
    -Liv

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts