Monday, May 18, 2009

The Time Has Arrived

Its here!

I had my last u/s & b/w appointment today and I was just informed that I am done. I am to trigger tonight and my retreival will be Wed morning at 10AM.

THis morning on the screen it looked as if I had:

Left Ovary: 18,16,15.5,15.5,14,14,13,12,10 (these are guesses based on what she said quickly)
Right Ovary: 19,18,16,15,15,14,12 etc....

So today when she just called she said estrogen was 1,689. She said there were 16 follicles total and that I will probably have 7-9 mature follicles. . Im a little dissapointed? Doesnt that seem awfully low and what if they all die and none make it cause there is such a small amount? Ugh - this is nerve wrecking!

Well anyway, there is nothing I can do about it now. As you all know I am freaking about going under and now she tells me its like a twilight sleep - you are not completely out? And its for like 15 minutes. SHOOT ME NOW! I hate this as it is so now I cant decide if I want to be out or I want the twilight sleep? Those of you that have done this before - HELP!

9 comments:

  1. I had similiar numbers with my IVF, about 14 follies 11 retreived and 10 mature. We put back the best two on day 3 and I am preggers with one (which is all it takes!). Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you will have one or two to transfer, Ive never been through it so Im o fno help sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossing my fingers for you. I had 16 follicles, 16 eggs, 13 were mature, and 12 fertilized, so it is possible that more will be mature than she said. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wishing you tons of luck! We have been where you are now. I remember the IF journey and how difficult it can be. You'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's freakin' awesome!! I was disappointed, too, that we didn't have more mature follicles, but I'm sure we'll both be fine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Hugs,
    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy freaking cow! That's awesome... you're doing so great! I know you're concerned with the surgery/going under part, but you can do it. The nurses will take good care of you I just know it. I will be thinking lots of positive thoughts for you tomorrow and praying for you and your eggies. Love ya Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on Wednesday!!!!! Hope you get some great numbers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts